Scions of Arion guild forum, a Guild Wars group.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Interesting Services

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orian

PostSubject: Interesting Services   Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:49 pm

So, I've joined the Guild Wars Guru forum (more like rejoined, it was a looong time ago that I used to poke around there).

They have some nice sub-forums, and the most useful are the commercial ones. I peeked inside the Services Offered forum today and had a look at what people were willing to do to make some money. I nodded at common things like running, and laughed at things like vanquishers, who charge upwards of 150g/foe in a zone (that's 60k for a 400 enemy zone, yikes!).

Then I found this fabled "Zaishen Key service". One of the title tracks in PvE is the Zaishen title, ranked up by opening a Zaishen chest, using a Zaishen Key (coincidence!). Not surprisingly, it takes a LOT of keys to rank this title up, and it's popular because you earn special emotes as you go higher.

This is where people need help; they want this title, and they are willing to benefit others to get it. This is how a typical "service" will work:

A) You give them some gold, they will use a key on the chest, and let YOU take the drop.
B) You give them a key, they will use it and one of THEIR keys, and you get BOTH drops.

Options vary with each player, and I noticed some look very inviting. Here are two services:

Handlex Zaishen Service

Gratia's Zkey Service

What good are these chests? Well, they can drop random, inscribable rare items, elite tomes and the rarest possibility of everlasting tonics.

The reason I bring this up is because I was having a conversation with another guildmate recently about what to do with our growing assets. Also, recently, a Fah got a very nice shield from one of these chests, and is set to sell it for 100 platinum. I think this is a great investment that has potential and no risk (if the players above scammed anyone, they would be blacklisted immediately once someone caught them).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orian

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Services   Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Second Verse, differs from the First:

Unidentified rare item services.

Another title to earn is the Wisdom title, which is earned by identifying rare (gold) items. It takes 10,000 to max the title, and you inscrease your salvage bonus percentage with every rank.

Again, people want this title, and they will pay plenty for the privilege of IDing them for you.

The most common "service" is to simply sell your gold items unidentified, at seven in exchange for 5 platinum. I've also seen a player that will ID and return your golds, paying some gold for each (say, 7 rares, 400g a piece, or a 2,800 gold profit and your items back just for him to ID them).

All in all, a good way to make money. Come on, how many rares do you ID on a weekly basis, and end up selling to merchant? When was the last time you had someone valuable? You can see the skin of a weapon before it's ID'd, so you have no worry about "losing" out. The buyer does not care about the item, he just wants a rare to ID. So it won't matter if it's a Req. 13 sword.

So, what do we think? Fox, I know you got a new account, surely you have room to store unidentified golds people want to donate, and you can mass sell them for profitz. Really, anyone with 7 spaces of storage can do this, and just unload when you want to. Buyers are out there, stay firm to 7 gold items for 5p.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyubiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Services   Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm working on both Zaishen and Wisdom tracks. Me participating in any of these services would be unhelpful to my goals Smile

But I have bought the 7 unid's for 4.5k thing in past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tashiro
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Services   Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Is this a reasonable goal for me? I'm wanting to get some titles actually maxxed out. :\ I don't know what the fastest ones are, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.foolsmoon.com
Orian

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Services   Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:45 pm

No, Tash, these aren't practical titles to get. They cost a lot of money and sink a lot of time. To max Wisdom (identifying gold items), you need something like 10,000 I think? They sell for about 700g each, so do the math. Zaishen title is even more incredible. You have to open the Ziashen chest 20,000 times. Each key sells between 4.5-5 platinum.

The best titles to go for are Skill Hunter, Protector, Guardian and various reputation titles from GWEN and Sunspear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tashiro
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Services   Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:58 pm

*grumblecakes*
I want my bird.

Edit: And I want a damn pack to hold all my armour in, too. :p Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.foolsmoon.com
kyubiko
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Services   Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 pm

If you do the daily Zaishen Mission with a pickup group, you will max out your Guardian titles pretty easily. None of the Z-missions are very lengthy except Thunderhead Keep, and a pickup group, while consisting statistically of morons, makes it a lot easier than going in with a team of heroes and henchmen.

Also, you'll gather Zaishen coins with which you can get a Heavy Equipment pack, which will hold four full sets of armour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Services   

Back to top Go down

Interesting Services
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1